|Thunder Shot Mk.II|
94624 (Finished model)
94641 (Black SP)
92190 (Halko Momoi SP)
94660 (Pink SP)
94740 (Clear SP)
92224 (Eva-00 SP)
95212 (Red SP)
|Series||Mini 4WD PRO|
|Chassis(s)|| MS Chassis|
MA Chassis (Red Special only)
|First Released|| September 15, 2007|
2008 (Momo-i Metallic/Black SP/Halko Momoi SP/Pink SP)
July 17, 2010 (Clear SP)
March 5, 2011 (Eva-00 SP)
February 27, 2016 (Red SP)
|In fictional media|
|First Appearance||Mini 4WD Racer Kakeru|
It was featured in the manga Mini 4WD Racer Kakeru as Raimu Ikazuchi's machine.
The second generation of the Thunder Shot featuring the similarly futuristic body and curved canopy that the original has, with the differences being the lacks of absorber props and has the 2-fin rear spoiler.
It is mainly blue, with red and white trims mixed into it. There's the chrome-colored kanjis 'Rai (雷)' on the bodyshells. The canopy is orange.
The original Thunder Shot Mk.II comes with the N-02 nose unit and T-01 tail unit for its MS Chassis, paired with the standard, light gray 16 mm lightweight plastic rollers. It was equipped wtih the metalic-silver-colored large-diameter 4-spoke MS-type II wheels with the black Avante-type slick tires. However the limited edition finished model cars has the N-01 nose unit instead.
As with other Tamiya Mini 4WD cars, the Thunder Shot Mk.II also has several special color edition: Clear Special, Momo-i Metallic Special, Black Special, Halko Momoi Special, Pink Special and Red Special.
Unlike the regular Thunder Shot Mk.II, they all comes with the 5-spoke narrow lightweight wheels with arched tires. The Clear Special was equipped with the polycarbonate bodyshell instead of the normal ABS bodyshell as well as the lightweight center parts of its MS Chassis, and the Red Special was equipped with the white MA Chassis instead of MS Chassis.
Evangelion Special Edition
The Eva-00 Special Edition is the limited edition Tamiya made as a tie-in product for the on-going Rebuild of Evangelion anime movies.
The color scheme is based on the Eva-00 from the anime movies. Like the special Thunder Shot Mk.II models, it was equipped with the narrow wheels and arched tires and lightweight center parts for the chassis. It comes with the green rollers.
Length: 152 mm (With N-02)/154 mm (With N-01), 156 mm (Red Special)
Width: 92 mm (most), 97 mm (Red Special)
Chassis: MS Chassis, MA Chassis (Red Special)
Gear Set(s): 4:1
- The Black Special variant of the Thunder Shot Mk.II has the color schemes that is similar to the original's Black Special variant.
- Thunder Shot Mk.II on Tamiya official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Clear Special on Tamiya official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Black Special on Tamiya official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Pink Special on Tamiya official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Red Special on Tamiya official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II on Tamiya America official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Clear Special on Tamiya America official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Black Special on Tamiya America official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Pink Special on Tamiya America official website
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Momo-i Metallic Special on Right Gauge official website (Japanese)
- Thunder Shot Mk.II Halco Momoi Special on Right Gauge official website (Japanese)