Instead of placing the motor on the front or the rear, the motor was relocated to the middle of the chassis. To do this, Tamiya and SMC Motor co-developed and co-produces the double-shaft motors for the new chassis, resulting in the 50/50 ratio of power transfer. The batteries are now moved to the sides of the chassis.
The normal MS Chassis is also a module-like chassis. It is divided into three main parts: the nose, the center and the tail. There are different noses and tails for the MS Chassis, while there is only 2 center parts. There's even the nose and the tail without the bumpers at all.
It has the short, 80 mm wheelbase as most compact chassis has, results in better cornering performance. Due to the nature of the direct-type four-wheel-drive drivetrain it has, the MS Chassis has higher torque performance than any chassis released so far.
The chassis however, was heavier than any chassis, which can be countered by using the lightweight center parts. Motors, as well as terminals made for eariler chassis, are not compatible with the MS Chassis as it requires new parts made exclusively for Mini 4WD PRO. Due to the motor and battery being placed at the middle of the chassis, narrow track large-diameter wheels are no longer compatible.
The basic MS Chassis components would later reused and redeveloped in the MA Chassis.
|Length||154 mm (With N-01)|
152 mm (With N-02 and N-04)
|Ground Clearance||4 mm (With large-diameter wheels)|
1 mm (With low-profile small-diameter wheels)
|Driveshaft Length||60 mm|
72 mm (N-04 and T-04 only)
|Compatible Gear Set(s)||4:1|
|Roller Down Thrust Angle||5|
|Ease of Maintenance||3|
- The N-04 and T-04 units were the only nose and tail units that required the 72 mm drive shafts, which, up until then, was made exclusively for Super X Chassis.
- It is the first Chassis to have the new double-shaft motor.
- Some bodyshells made for earlier chassis requires modifications in order to fit them into the MS Chassis.
- At the launch of the MS Chassis car, Tamiya's staff accidentally listed Strato Vector (which required a front motor chassis) in the list of compatible bodyshells on the official website. It has been since removed.
- In the patent Tamiya had registered for the chassis, it shows that the chassis can be equipped with nose and tail units with different ground clearances and the nose unit can be swapped for the one with steering mechanism. It is unknown why Tamiya had scrapped those ideas for the actual chassis release.
|Original series||Origin · Comical · Wild · Cruiser · RV|
| Type series|
|Type-1 · Type-2 · Type-3 · Type-4 · Zero · FM · Truckin' · Type-5|
| Super series|
(Super/Mighty, Fully Cowled/Aero)
|Super-1 · Super-FM · Super TZ · Super X · VS · Super TZ-X · Super XX · Super-II|
|R/C Mini 4WD||TR-1|
|PRO/REV||MS · AR · MA · FM-A|